Our Partnership With Parents
We are firmly committed to the view that a close working relationship with parents will benefit your child's education. Furthermore, good communication between home and school contributes to the quality of this partnership.
All schools are required to have a Home School agreement, which promotes a positive and productive partnership, helping parents to support their children and enabling the children to achieve more.
The agreement states:
- the school’s responsibilities to pupils
- the parents’ responsibilities to school
- the school’s expectations of our pupils
Both parents and children are invited to sign the document.
We welcome and value parents’ help in school, whether they have a specific talent or skill or can assist with more general activities. Parent involvement can include listening to children read, or accompanying educational visits.
School to Parent Communication
We communicate with parents in a variety of different ways:
- Email – for general administrative information including educational visits, special events and weekly newsletters.
- Twitter – to share information and give parents an insight into what is happening in the classroom.
- School website – for insight into school life and practical information such as our annual calendar, term dates and letters to parents.
- Meet the Teacher session – at the start of the school year.
- Parent Consultations
Parent to School Communication
Teachers are happy to receive brief messages at the beginning of the day. We would also like to encourage parents to email the school directly at email@example.com or leave a message about their child with the school office. If parents would like a longer discussion with the class teacher, they can do so ideally with a mutually convenient pre-organised appointment.