World Book Day 2022 - Mr MC Grammar, Nadia Shireen and Leanne Armstrong
We held a very special World Book Day assembly with Mr MC Grammar, Nadia Shireen and Leanne Armstrong coming to St Luke's.
Thank you St Luke's family for gracing us with the presence of characters from near and far; The BFG, The tiger who came to tea and The Giraffe who can't dance to name a few...
'We are readers!' and today our learners were able to confidently explain how their reading skills empower their learning and support them to prepare for their future aspirations. Thank you to all the authors, illustrators and book publishers world wide who continue to inspire us!
Every learner was able to purchase a book from our very own World Book Day pop-up store! We were so excited! Some lucky learners also managed to get a signed copy of Nadia Shireen's world book day release, Grimwood.
Our world book day celebrations were captured today by media. Please click the link to see a sample of this published so far:
This morning, we held a very special #WorldBookDay assembly at @StLukesCESch with @MrMCGrammar and @NadiaShireen. Armed with a brand new £1 book, every child there can be confident that #IAmAReader ðŸ“š pic.twitter.com/HL5QWkgKw3— World Book Day UK ðŸ“š (@WorldBookDayUK) March 3, 2022
A special thanks to Mr MC Grammar, Nadia Shireen and Leanne Armstrong for sharing your talents, skills and passion with our school community. 'It was amazing! I wish it was world book day everyday!'
Why were St Luke's School chosen?
- Sharing ideas and opinions about our experiences of reading.
- Considering what makes reading fun and why we choose to read for pleasure
- Reading selected materials and practicing reading for pleasure strategies.
- Select the world book day texts - published and in stores
- Supported the development of cultural connections further diversifying world book day resources
- Contributed to developing a Family Pack and MC Grammar Kids pack which can be done at home